Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pineapple-Sage Chicken


I LOVE this time of year!!! Our garden is up and running, and I get to start using it in the kitchen! When we were on our yearly adventure to Tawagas, getting all of our supplies, Michael found an herb that he insisted we get because "it smells like Hawaii." This lovely Pineapple Sage plant found a home in it's own little pot.....
Pineapple Sage

As soon as we put it in the garden, I was wondering what I could create with it. Of course since it is a tropical herb I immediately thought of Pineapple Sage Mojitos (which will probably be made sometime soon.) I plugged pineapple sage recipes into Google and I found a lovely website already devoted to this alluring shrub.

Voilà! Dinner was planned! Pineapple- Sage Chicken!!!! My hubby grilled it to perfection and it was very flavorful. May be a new summertime favorite! Any other ideas???


Pineapple Sage Chicken

1/4 C Teriyaki or Tamari Or Soy sauce
1/4 C honey
1/2 C Olive Oil
2 TBS lemon Juice
2 TBS Apple juice
2 tsp ground ginger
Handful of Pineapple Sage leaves chopped
Boneless Chicken Breasts
Marinade chicken in above ingredients. Cook on grill
Serve with Pineapple kabobs


No comments:

Post a Comment