Friday, July 1, 2011

Blackberry Peach Cupcakes

There is nothing more that I love then summer fruit (well, other than my Michael, of course!) I start every morning with a yummy bowl of greek yogurt and ripe berries :) So when I saw this recipe on Sunshine and Carousels Blog and just so happened to pick up blackberries and peaches at the store the same day...I knew I had to make these ASAP.

Blackberry Peach Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour                                                                                                                                      1 Tablespoon baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature 

1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs

1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1  cup of milk

5 quartered and peeled fresh peaches
1 cup of blackberries


Mix (sift) your dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl cream your butter and sugar.  Add in your eggs one at a time and then add your vanilla. Add your flour mixture into your butter mixture, slowly, one part at a time.  


Put your peaches and ONLY 5-7 blackberries into your food processor.  Let it pulse a few times until the mixture is chunky but not liquefied. You want some texture.  Then fold the fruit into your batter.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-21 minutes. 




 Blackberry Buttercream Icing:

1/2 cup of butter
5-6 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Large handful of blackberries

Puree a large handful of blackberries in your food processor.  Set it to the side.

Cream your butter.  Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time.  Add your vanilla and your blackberry mixture.  Beat until smooth and fluffy. You only need a little bit of blackberry puree so don't put more than just a handful of blackberries into your mix.  Add more powdered sugar to reach your desired consistency.

I had to rush them over to the hubby's work, so I didn't have time to take a great picture...but I know I will be making them again soon!


I also decided to start something new for the blog. Whenever I'm baking I always put on music that puts me in a baking mood. So from now I am going to post a couple songs that inspired me during my kitchen session. 


Here are today's:

Not Fair- Lily Allen
Whatever You Like -Anya Marina
I Think I Like You- Donora


No comments:

Post a Comment