Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thirty-One: Take Two

Ohhhh we loved Thirty-One so much that my mother-in-law decided she would love to host a party as well. It was a busy weekend, but we managed to squeeze it in and even had a bigger spread than before.

I didn't have to do as much prep as before but I knew I had to make apple nachos again
....and I had some leftover wonton wrappers so I pulled together a yummy little appetizer that got lots of compliments! May I present to you Goat Cheese and Fig Wontons...


Fig and Goat Cheese Won Ton Cups
(adapted from: www.inspiredtaste.net)
 
24 baked wonton cups, cooled
6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons fig jam
4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
3 sprigs of thyme

24 wonton wrappers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a mini cupcake pan and fill each cup with one wonton wrapper then bake in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool.

Place a little fig jam at the bottom of each baked won ton cup. Add a dollop of the room temperature goat cheese on top of the jam, sprinkle with a few chopped walnuts and add a leaf of thyme to the top.

Can't wait to get all my goodies from the party!!!! Love being organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment