Sunday, September 4, 2011

Easy Cake Bite Cones

I had my "family share" at school on Friday and wanted to bring my kiddos a treat that they would love and was fun too! Thursday night I was still trying to figure out what I could make, when I came across this recipe. These babies are so easy! It took some time....as the cake bites have to freeze for a couple of hours, but the rest was a piece of cake (haha!) 

Easy Cake Bite Cones
1 package cake mix (any flavor) -I used German Chocolate
1 jar Nutella- (you can also use any can of frosting)
dipping chocolate
sugar cones or mini cake cones

Make your cake according to package directions.

Once the cake has cooled, crumble into a bowl. Stir in a jar of Nutella.

Scoop the mixture into balls with a cookie scoop then roll between your hands to smooth and place on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the freezer and freeze solid. 

Once frozen dip balls into melted dipping chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles. Allow to set.

Place in sugar cones, and ENJOY!

My class loved them!!!!! Apparently I'm the best cook around. :) Ahhhh, they are so sweet.

I am looking forward to making these again (already thinking of all kinds of flavor combinations,) but next time they will be homemade instead of all the boxes and cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment